Now that we've lived in the house almost a year, the decor has finally started taking shape. The house color palette has remained with shades of gray with pops of turquoise, green and purple and we've acquired some more furniture.
|Inspiration for house color palatte|
- Painted the room in Behr's Dark Pewter a dark gray color with undertones of dark blue and purple
- We've added a light gray sofa and chair.
- To bring in a little more color into the space, we'll be covering the sofa with colorful pillows
- Need to decide on window coverings. Currently undecided between wide strips or a more graphic pattern.
- We bought a big 60 inch TV that is currently sitting on our old coffee table. We plan to buy a dresser and paint it a pretty mint or turquoise color.
- Painted the room in Behr's Lap Pool Blue a medium shade of robin's egg blue.
- We plan to add board and batten to bottom half of wall
- Spice things up with some fun Ikea Janette curtains
- Add Furniture: We refinished a large dark wood table and bought 4 metal dining chairs.
- Switch out our current lighting for something fun (undecided on this) but we like the idea of many hanging bulbs.
- Dress up main wall with some chunky mirror frames
- The master bedroom was painted in Behr's Lap Pool Blue
- We are planning on switching our gray bedspread for some crisp white bedding.
- Ikea Hacked some Rast dressers with brown stain and white paint to use as nightstands.
- Add some bright pillows to bring color into the room
- DIY the gray metal column lamps with white lampshades.
- Frame large wedding picture for above bed
Have inspiration boards helped with your house decor?